Topsy Turvy Pros/Cons?
- Easy to start
- No full garden necessary
- Helps eliminate ground pests and weeds
- Fun family project
- No weeding
- Needs constant watering
- Only small plants
- Plastic may tear
- Not ideal growing conditions
Topsy Turvy Review:
Home gardening is rising and with it comes trendy inventions such as the Topsy Turvy Tomato planter. Topsy Turvy turns gardening upside down. The claim is that by inverting the plant upside down, the circulation of nutrients and water is increased and produces better vegetables.
Bottom line: It’s hit or miss. In some climates, we see reports of that it doesn’t work. In other climates it works wonderfully. We recommend to just buy one and test before you buy a bunch.
Jim McClain said this:
Growing tomatoes with Topsy Turvy makes sense for those who have no room for traditional gardens. It also works well for the aged and others with limited physical mobility. And it can act as introduction to the joys of gardening for small children.
On the other hand, if you are a hard-core gardener with plenty of room for gardening the traditional way, you won’t want to bother growing your tomatoes upside down other than a curiosity. But don’t get too righteous and snicker when you watch your neighbor proudly hanging out his new Topsy Turvy.
From the Infomercial:
No longer will you have to cage, stake or weed your tomato plants or battle cutworms and other ruinous critters to put fresh tomatoes on the table. The Topsy-Turvy planter allows you to grow beefsteaks, cherries or any other variety upside down on your balcony or deck. Simply fill the bag with potting soil, add a young seedling — almost any vine-growing fruit or vegetable will do — and let the leafy part hang out. Mount the hook, add water and fertilize. A young plant in a warm climate takes about a month to bloom and another month to bear fruit.²
Topsy Turvy Features & Benefits:
- Grow Delicious & Juicy Tomatoes All Season Long
- Hangs on Deck, Balcony or Patio
- Eliminates Weeding, Caging and Staking
- Grow Organic Too
- Swivel top for easy turning
- Simple to set up and maintain
- Uses ordinary potting soil
- Great for growing your own organic vegetables
Where to Buy Topsy Turvy:
- You can buy Topsy Turvy online via official site (you need to order from this site to get the special offers).
- You can buy Topsy Turvy online at Amazon.com
Topsy Turvy Commercial:
Topsy Turvy, How Does It Work?
It works because growing tomatoes upside down saves time and can potentially lead to fuller tomatoes:
Saves time: You will illuminate the need for spading, staking and caging. Also, if you live in a city you can grow tomatoes and not need to travel to garden. Also you will not have to deal with soil-born diseases as the soil is above ground. In addition, the improved air circulation leads to healthier tomatoes. Lastly, the water and nutrients ‘fall’ to the tomatoes because of gravity. This leads to healthier tomatoes.
Topsy Turvy, Does It Really Work?
It depends: There are many people on the forums that say it doesn’t work. There are equally as many that say it does work. The difference is what you are planting and where you plant it. Some places are very dry. Some are very humid. Some have air pollution, other places not so much.
We highly recommend you consult local growing message boards to find out if you need more fertilizer or other considerations for general gardening. You may need to water your plant more than ‘general’ national instructions, for example.
Topsy Turvy, What Do I Get?
- Grow bag
- Hanging wires
- Screw for wood
Customer Service Number for Topsy Turvy?
You can call customer support at 1-866-201-3404.
Topsy Turvy Tips?
- You will need 18 quarts of soil of your choice as it is not included.
- Some people report problems watering because they need a stool — hang it in a place that you can easily water.
- Make sure you buy healthy seeds.
- Make sure that you fertilize your plants.
Can I buy Topsy Turvy in Stores?
Buy Topsy Turvy Tomato at Amazon.com
You can also buy it at some Walmart stores (call ahead).
Topsy Turvy Reviews:
Please post a review below about your experience(s) with the Topsy Turvy. Please make your review detailed and useful by answering the following questions:
- Does Topsy Turvy really work as advertised on the TV?
- Is this Topsy Turvy really effective?
- What are the pros and cons of this Topsy Turvy?
- Where Can I buy Topsy Turvy in stores? which stores carry them?
- Was shipping, handling and processing fee fair or was it too high?
- How fast did the order arrive?
- Did you get a chance to review your purchase before hitting the order button?
- Did you receive the complete Topsy Turvy kit as you were expecting?
- Do you recommend this Topsy Turvy to others?
- Do you know a better alternative to Topsy Turvy?
- Are you satisfied with the customer service?
- Do you think your information was sold to third-party?
- Do you think Topsy Turvy is a scam?
- Do you think the Topsy Turvy commercial is mis-leading?
- Did you have to pay extra for other accessories?